Friday, November 15, 2013

Crrrrrash.


Many years back, I led a life where I constantly thought that I would be hit by a speeding car as I sat as a passenger in the bus or someone else's car. Images like the one I have posted above is just one of the many wild thoughts that I had while I was on my way to school and work. Other days, before I began my day, all I thought of was 'am I going to get hit by a car today as I cross the road?' or  'is today gonna be the day where I die from a car crash?' Those years were clearly the toughest because every single day, I just had thoughts of dying. However, as the saying goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I don't have such thoughts playing in my head on loop as much these days. However, as I was making my way home from Fairfield earlier in Cal's car. We almost met with an accident - a ute almost hit us because we probably saw the wrong traffic light. Thankfully, dude in the ute wasn't speeding and we managed to steer away from our possibly first car crash in down under. We sped away while Cal screamed for a bit and for a second, it brought me back to those dark days. Cal was concerned when he asked me if I was fine. I was clearly not shaken even a bit by it because I said I was fine in my most reassuring smile. And indeed, I was not shaken at all. Maybe, my head, my soul has gotten immuned by it. It did take my breath away for a second as the bright lights shine and blinded me but for some weird reason, that one second was my calmest moment in my entire Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment