Saturday, October 5, 2013

Am I there yet?

Back in RP and when I turned 21, Audra always reminded me of this transitioning period between the last years of my teenhood to adulthood is going to be one complex and possibly, mind boggling journey. However, once I enter adulthood, things will get better and easier to handle. To be honest, never really comprehended what she meant by it. Furthermore, I resented adulthood. Adults make things complicated, all I wanted was just to stay in where I was. Happily living in my teen world and sometimes going back to my kiddy days. Yes sir and madam, you are speaking to a proud member of the Peter Pan club. However, I obviously have entered adulthood and still experiencing some bits of the transitioning period. My body is fully in the adulthood stage, a part of my mind and soul is not. Anyways, it was in the middle last night that I was just looking through my Instagram feed and I saw a photo of the old SG clique that I used to hang out with but had a fall out a few months back. A part of me was a little blue because I reckon I could have been still be a part of them but for some reason or so, the adult Adorra pretty much brushed away that feeling and told myself 'you are in a good if not a much better state than before. You are a 24y.o adult who will be taking over the world next July. You don't need to surround yourself who don't think or look at things the same way as you do. You don't need unnecessary drama to hinder your progress in life. Little children are fine once in a while to be in your life but what you need now is mature adult friends who have pretty much tasted more salt and comfortable living in the adult phase of their life and know that dramas are unnecessary and stupid.'

Chaaaa ching! The light bulb came out and it finally occurred to me that this was what Audra has been telling me about for the past few years. If this happened when I was still in RP, I'd probably be still entwined in such stupid dramas and be miserable. I still wonder if I have fully embraced adulthood and if I have grown up. I am sure a part of me have matured and aged, learnt more life lessons and be more acceptance to loss and the challenges that life brings. I guess Audra is right, I still have a bit more to go but she did say that, there will be some more but they won't faze me too much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment